sitemap  |  advanced search
Back to Homepage

About Us
Contact Us
Current Residents
Family Self-Sufficiency
Find Housing
Home Repair Program
Housing Choice Voucher
*Family Obligations
*HCV Forms
Maintenance Request Form
Working With Us

Frequently Asked Questions

2251 Table Rock Road
Medford, OR 97501
Phone: 541-779-5785
Fax: 541-857-1118
Hours: 8:00 AM-4:30 PM, M-W & Friday, 12:30 PM-4:30 PM Thursday

The waiting lists are open for all programs.
Housing Choice Voucher Program

If you have a Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV), you will find links on this page to important information you need to successfully utilize this program.

If you do not have a voucher and would like to learn more about the program and how to apply, click here.

Who is my caseworker?

Caseloads are arranged alphabetically by last name as follows:

A-CO Melissa Menzie Ext. 1028
CR-HI Jodi Glenn Ext. 1011
HO-MCL Lisa Higdon Ext. 1030
MCM-SC Pam Hislip Ext. 1025
SE-Z Lori Eddings Ext. 1031
Leasing Specialist Rhonda Moore Ext. 1038
Supervisor Jennifer Jennings Ext. 1010


You can download many of our forms  here. You may print, sign and either deliver the forms to our office or scan and email the signed forms directly to your caseworker at the email address above.

When do I report changes in my household or income?

You have 10 days from the date of the change to report any changes in household composition or income to your caseworker in writing.  If you do not report changes that affect your assistance, you could jeopardize your housing voucher. Even if itís not a big change, it's always best to report all changes.

What are the rules for the HCV program?

The rules for any federal program can be complicated. The HCV Administrative Plan provides guidance to HAJC staff on how to administer the program. You can also access the federal guidelines at As always, your caseworker is happy to help you if have any questions.

How do I prepare for an inspection?

You will have a Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection no less than once per year. We have developed an Inspection Guide to make things easier for you and for our inspectors. If you have maintenance issues that need to be addressed, please report them to your landlord immediately.

What if I need a reasonable accommodation?

A Reasonable Accommodation is a modification to our program rules, practices or to a physical structure that enables participants with disabilities to have equal access to our programs and structures as those without a disability.

If you need us to change the way we do business to accommodate your disability, please let us know right away and we will do our best to ensure that your needs are met. You may fill out this request form or contact your caseworker and discuss your request with them.

For more specific information on reasonable accommodations, please review Chapter 1 of the HCV Administrative Plan.

How do I move with my voucher?

If you would like to move, there are some important things you need to know. This Guide to Moving will provide you with the guidance necessary to make this transition smooth and, aside from the actual move itself, relatively painless. Please read this carefully before finalizing your decision to move or paying any application fees or deposits to a new landlord.

This informational video will help explain the process.

Family Self-Sufficiency Program

If you are a current voucher holder and interested in learning more about the Family Self-Sufficiency Program, click here for more information.

Homeownership Voucher Program

HAJC provides a limited number of Homeownership Vouchers to current voucher program participants. To learn more about this opportunity and to see if you qualify, click here.

© 2012 Housing Authority of Jackson County. All Rights Reserved. Designed, Developed, and Deployed by Project A, Inc