Open Positions - Scroll down
All our positions are posted on Indeed which is monitored by the hiring manager. You may also submit download an employment application and drop it off in the mail slot at 2251 Table Rock Road in Medford. You may also email a completed resume, or application to email@example.com
Housing Choice Voucher Case Coordinator - Full time $37,752 - $49,488 annually
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is currently seeking a case coordinator to join our amazing team! Our Mission: Provide, develop and preserve decent safe and affordable housing to families and individuals while coordinating efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Flexible work schedules available
- Medical/dental/vision care, basic life insurance, long-term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan with the State of Oregonís PERS/ORSRP plan
- Nine paid holidays
- Three weeks of vacation and twelve days of sick leave accrued per year
- A supportive and diverse work culture
Responsibilities of the HCV Case Coordinator
- Assist with the process of landlord requests for rent increases and address changes. Conduct annual and interim audits and reviews to determine program eligibility. Evaluate and respond to requests for reasonable disability accommodations. Initiate and oversee termination procedures in response to HCV program violations
- Review and analyze reported information to determine participant eligibility for program benefits. Evaluate and asses interim eligibility for participants with changes in household composition and income. Review and verify inspection papers and other documentation needed to determine continued eligibility for assistance. Audit files and reported information for completeness and accuracy. Calculate income to determine tenant income, deductions, refunds, and compute utility allowances to establish family rent amounts. Document process and findings into appropriate computer database.
- Facilitate informational sessions and in-person meetings with program participants to explain program rules, regulations and obligations. Conduct home visits for program participants who are unable to attend appointments, complete with appropriate forms and documentation.
- Monitor and investigate program participants for violations of Housing Authority rules and possible cases of tenant and landlord fraud. Determine, recommend and prepare appropriate notices required by law. Provide participants with notices of violation, and counsel them regarding options and opportunities for possible resolution. Represent the Housing Authority in hearings as requested with working knowledge of supporting documentation and relevant facts.
- Respond to phone and walk-in inquiries and requests for information from community agencies, the general public, landlords and participants with a positive, helpful and collaborative demeanor. Work diligently to provide requested information in a timely manner. Engage effective conflict resolution skills and techniques to diffuse hostile and potentially dangerous situations involving residents, participants and others who may initiate or participate in conflict.
- Able to learn and communicate complex policies and processes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with shoes contacted in the course of work.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Criminal background check
- Possess valid driverís license
- Bachelor degree in Human Services, Business Administration or related field and
- 4 years progressively responsible experience working with the elderly, disabled, or disadvantaged individuals or families through social services, or other government agencies with similar population demographics.
Job Type: Full-time Nonexempt
Job Location: Medford, OR
Manufactured Home Development Specialist
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is looking for a team member to join the Development team and fill the role of Manufactured Home Development Specialist - Project Developer. This role encompasses a variety of duties in the development of manufacture home parks and multi-family rental housing. In this role you will lead, manage and administer all phases of residential development process in new construction, redevelopment and rehabilitation. The work focuses on land acquisition, project feasibility, land use, grant applications, financial pro forma development, financial closing, contract administration, construction oversight and warranty administration.
Our Project Developers have a unique set of skills and consider themselves life-long learners whom are able to be insanely focused on details without losing site of the big picture. To be successful in this role and within this team you must have considerable personal initiative, independent judgement, resourcefulness, and a high level of organization with the interest and ability to collaborate with a variety of public and private organizations.
If you possess a Bachelor degree in the field of Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field and have a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in real estate/housing development construction, project management, finance, public administration we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Preferential qualifications are in addition and include:
- *Master Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance Administration, and, or certifications in Project Management (PMP, MPM)
- *Experience working with Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME Investment Partnership Program, and/or other affordable housing funding sources.
- *Experience working for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution.
- *Experience in residential or commercial real estate development and or financing of housing programs.
Job Type: Full-time
HAJC is hiring a Maintenance Coordinator to join our maintenance team. The position will be under the supervision of the Maintenance Director, and assist the Director with daily activities, and special projects to ensure that our properties owned, or managed, are well maintained and free from safety hazards.
This position requires assigning tasks and monitoring performance and completion of tasks related to the construction, maintenance and repair of our dwelling units. Supervision of staff is not a responsibility. In this position you will obtain quotes/estimates for necessary contracted repairs, as well as exercise judgement and prioritize scheduling of repairs. You will create and process all maintenance requests, evaluate and approve the maintenance department invoices for payment and reconcile vender accounts. We are looking for someone who is organized and meticulous in their data entry, record keeping, and filing of records.
Must have excellent communication skills and a basic knowledge of tools and equipment which may be obtained through work experience, or experience doing a home remodel.
We offer a full benefit package:
*Employer pays 95% of employee insurance premium, and 90% of the dependent's premium.
*15 days vacation starting out.
*12 sick days
*9 paid holidays
*Employer paid life and Long Term Disability Insurance.
*PERS retirement account
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by the appropriate law. The Housing Authority complies with the American with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 541-779-5785.