Open Positions - Scroll down
All our positions are posted on Indeed which is monitored by the hiring manager. You may also submit download an employment application and drop it off in the mail slot at 2251 Table Rock Road in Medford. You may also email a completed resume, or application to email@example.com
Housing Choice Voucher Case Coordinator - Full time $37,752 - $49,488 annually
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is currently seeking a case coordinator to join our amazing team! Our Mission: Provide, develop and preserve decent safe and affordable housing to families and individuals while coordinating efforts toward self-sufficiency.
- Flexible work schedules available
- Medical/dental/vision care, basic life insurance, long-term disability, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan with the State of Oregonís PERS/ORSRP plan
- Nine paid holidays
- Three weeks of vacation and twelve days of sick leave accrued per year
- A supportive and diverse work culture
Responsibilities of the HCV Case Coordinator
- Assist with the process of landlord requests for rent increases and address changes. Conduct annual and interim audits and reviews to determine program eligibility. Evaluate and respond to requests for reasonable disability accommodations. Initiate and oversee termination procedures in response to HCV program violations
- Review and analyze reported information to determine participant eligibility for program benefits. Evaluate and asses interim eligibility for participants with changes in household composition and income. Review and verify inspection papers and other documentation needed to determine continued eligibility for assistance. Audit files and reported information for completeness and accuracy. Calculate income to determine tenant income, deductions, refunds, and compute utility allowances to establish family rent amounts. Document process and findings into appropriate computer database.
- Facilitate informational sessions and in-person meetings with program participants to explain program rules, regulations and obligations. Conduct home visits for program participants who are unable to attend appointments, complete with appropriate forms and documentation.
- Monitor and investigate program participants for violations of Housing Authority rules and possible cases of tenant and landlord fraud. Determine, recommend and prepare appropriate notices required by law. Provide participants with notices of violation, and counsel them regarding options and opportunities for possible resolution. Represent the Housing Authority in hearings as requested with working knowledge of supporting documentation and relevant facts.
- Respond to phone and walk-in inquiries and requests for information from community agencies, the general public, landlords and participants with a positive, helpful and collaborative demeanor. Work diligently to provide requested information in a timely manner. Engage effective conflict resolution skills and techniques to diffuse hostile and potentially dangerous situations involving residents, participants and others who may initiate or participate in conflict.
- Able to learn and communicate complex policies and processes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with shoes contacted in the course of work.
- Work independently without supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Criminal background check
- Possess valid driverís license
- Bachelor degree in Human Services, Business Administration or related field and
- 4 years progressively responsible experience working with the elderly, disabled, or disadvantaged individuals or families through social services, or other government agencies with similar population demographics.
Job Type: Full-time Nonexempt
Job Location: Medford, OR
Rogue River Estates - Assistant Resident Manager- $2,253 (Live on site- 1 bedroom townhouse provided)
This position is 40 hours per week assisting in the management of 94 apartments. As an assistant resident manager you will be required to live on site. Living on site has its own challenges so make sure you are aware or make yourself aware of the different situations that can pop up when you live and work in the same place. This position comes with a 1 bedroom townhouse rent free. Your primary duties will include upkeep of the property which includes janitorial and maintenance tasks. You will help residents fill out paper work for re-certifications, post notices, show apartments to perspective tenants, etc. 1 year of property management, maintenance, and, or landscape experience, or a combination of experience and knowledge related to being a resident manager is required. You will begin accruing vacation and sick leave immediately upon hire, you and your immediate family will be eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance as well as an employer paid PERS retirement account and long term disability following a waiting period.
Site Manager - Creekside Apartments
Live in a NEW, beautiful 2 bedroom apartment with utilities paid, work 30 hours per week and get paid $1,690 a month!
The primary function of this position is to provide residential site management operations of the apartment complex. A Resident Managerís site management duties for the property include conducting inspections and ensuring properties are maintained in a manner consistent with the Housing Authority guidelines, interpreting, explaining and enforcing Housing Authority leasing rules, regulations, policies and procedures, maintaining scheduled office hours to assist tenants and prospective tenants as needed, and performing a variety of duties related to assigned areas of responsibility. Supervision of staff is not a responsibility of this position, although the Resident Manager may be required to assist in the training and orientation of new Resident Management employees.
Manufactured Home Development Specialist
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is looking for a team member to join the Development team and fill the role of Manufactured Home Development Specialist - Project Developer. This role encompasses a variety of duties in the development of manufacture home parks and multi-family rental housing. In this role you will lead, manage and administer all phases of residential development process in new construction, redevelopment and rehabilitation. The work focuses on land acquisition, project feasibility, land use, grant applications, financial pro forma development, financial closing, contract administration, construction oversight and warranty administration.
Our Project Developers have a unique set of skills and consider themselves life-long learners whom are able to be insanely focused on details without losing site of the big picture. To be successful in this role and within this team you must have considerable personal initiative, independent judgement, resourcefulness, and a high level of organization with the interest and ability to collaborate with a variety of public and private organizations.
If you possess a Bachelor degree in the field of Urban Planning, Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field and have a minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in real estate/housing development construction, project management, finance, public administration we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Preferential qualifications are in addition and include:
- *Master Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, Finance Administration, and, or certifications in Project Management (PMP, MPM)
- *Experience working with Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME Investment Partnership Program, and/or other affordable housing funding sources.
- *Experience working for a non-profit, government agency or private financial institution.
- *Experience in residential or commercial real estate development and or financing of housing programs.
Job Type: Full-time
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by the appropriate law. The Housing Authority complies with the American with Disabilities Act. If you consider yourself disabled and desire assistance in the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 541-779-5785.