Landlords are the backbone of the Housing Choice Voucher Program. By providing families with an opportunity to obtain housing they can afford, it provides not only a roof over their head, but stability for their family and a sense of hope for the future.
The Housing Authority of Jackson County is committed to ensuring that participating in the Housing Choice Voucher program is just as easy (if not easier) than renting to non-voucher holders. Becoming a Housing Choice Voucher landlord brings you the following benefits:
- Guaranteed rental payments from the Housing Authority through direct deposit
- An annual inspection of your property
- Access to information about applicant’s rental history and past inspection results
- An ally who will help hold families accountable and remind them of their obligations under the program regulations
- The knowledge that you’re making a positive difference in your community
This guide will explain in greater detail how the program works for you as a landlord and what your obligations are under the Housing Choice Voucher program. The contract you will enter into with the Housing Authority is here. In order to be approved for this program, a rental unit must first pass an HQS inspection. This list of common fail items will help you prepare your unit for the inspection.
House Bill 2639
Effective January 1, 2014, it is illegal to deny someone’s application to rent based solely on the fact that the applicant is a Housing Choice Voucher participant. To read more about this new law or the Landlord Guarantee Program through the State of Oregon, follow these links: